About 4 years ago, I stumbled across www.RunDisney.com. Curiosity taking over, I clicked on the site and my inner Disney fanatic came out. I have been going to Disney World for as long as I can remember and love everything about it. Finding out that I could not only go to Disney, but I could run though the Disney parks, was a dream come true for me. I felt like I could not wait any longer, so when the registration opened up in July 2015 (12:00 pm EST), I signed up for my first (of hopefully many) Disney Princess Half Marathon.
While signing up, you will probably have to wait in a virtual line due to the volume of people trying to sign up at the same time. When you get into the actual registration, be prepared to complete your registration quickly, because you get 15 minutes from start to finish. They give you options to sign up for each of the races, the challenges and to add on commemorative items exclusive to that race weekend. Every race weekend offers a different theme; a half marathon, a 10k, a 5k, a kid’s fun run, and a challenge that incorporates the half marathon and the 10k. If you are interested in the Disney marathon weekend, you get the option of the full marathon, in addition to all of the other races. No matter what weekend you pick to RunDisney, you are sure to have a trip to remember.
Tips for signing up:
- Sign up for email alerts here: https://www.rundisney.com/email-signup/
- Create an account before the date of registration
- Look over all the events for that specific weekend
- If possible be available about an hour when registration opens
- Be on the lookout for a confirmation email from Disney
- When you receive the confirmation email, immediately call Disney (407-939-iRun) travel to book a room (if you want to stay on Disney property, which I highly recommend!)